I am sure a lot of parents are in the stage I am. The why? stage. Where no matter what you say it will be followed by your rugrat responding with why?
Oh and don’t try using why yourself because you either get why back in your face or a laugh followed by, but why?
I know it is great that they are inquisitive and want to learn about everything but there has to be a cutoff point. Maybe a rule where you are only allowed to ask why 10 times a day or come up with a different word then why. Also where did it come from and how do all kids know about it.
The one part about it that sends my head banging against the wall is when why pops up on things she knows like cooking dinner as this conversation went:
- What are you doing? (daughter)
- Cooking dinner. (Me)
- So we can eat.
- Because we are all hungry and it is supper.
- Because it is dinner time.
- Aren’t you hungry?
- Yeah, but why?
- So we can be full and then go to bed.
- Because it is almost your bedtime.
- (BANG. BANG.BANG goes my head against the cupboard. Because, because that is just how life goes.
- I don’t know.
- OK (followed by a big smile on her face……)
- (Under my breath) Little bugger.
Thus was my conversation with my daughter last night but hey I guess it’s better then trying to explain the birds and the bees.
| Enjoy your day|